Summer is coming to an end, and while it was a relaxing few months of catching sun and catching up with loved ones, it will be over before we know it. If the start of fall and on into the holiday seasons have begun to stress you out or have caused you to feel overwhelmed, you’re not alone! That’s very common for this time of year, and there are steps you can take to help with that. One of those steps, for example, is to take a stress-reduction workshop, and we can give you the details to make that come true right here!
On Saturday, September 7, the Reduce and Manage Stress Workshop will be held at Zazen Wellness, 25230 Kingsland Boulevard, Suite 101, Katy, TX 77494. This workshop will focus on stress in daily life, and how to manage it step by step, based on the book 10 Ways to Reduce and Manage Stress. The tools and techniques that goers will learn can be taken home and practiced in daily life as needed; the goal is to make sure everyone leaves feeling confident to handle situations on their own!
Along with the class, attendees will receive a copy of the book to take home and reference when needed. To sign up, it costs $199, and you can do that here. But we all know you can’t really put a price on stress reduction!
You might also like: Explore BBQ In Katy!
What You Can Do At Home
If your stress is rising and you need a few tips to hold you over until the workshop, try these at-home techniques to calm yourself and stay relaxed!
- Take deep, long breaths to get an extra boost of oxygen
- Visualize something positive, whether that’s a scene you want to be in or it’s a goal you want to achieve
- Put your phone down, turn off the TV, and read or write something
- Go for a walk outside, and try to stay as close to greenery as you can
- Eat a filling snack like an avocado or a hard-boiled egg
- Have a long talk with a loved one. Catching up with someone you love can instantly calm you down!